Priority Programmatic Actions For Hyperendemic Scenarios
- All actions outlined in low level, concentrated and generalized scenarios.
- Ensure well informed, active and visible participation of leaders in HIV prevention and AIDS response.
- Develop and implement diversified programmes for young people, reaching both boys and girls that include gender equality and respect, access to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services including access to treatment, ensuring access to information, sexuality education, life skills.
- Ensure special programmes for orphans, street children and others at high risk, balancing needs for risk, vulnerability and impact reduction.
- Promote and ensure male involvement in sexual and reproductive health programmes including HIV prevention, STI treatment, HIV testing and counselling, prevention of mother-to-child transmission services,
- Ensure health care and other social services employees are trained on HIV issues, including stigma, human rights and gender issues.